Wednesday, October 24, 2012

MIA because of WIPs and reading. Take a look!

Hello all!  I've been MIA for a while because of family issues that have been keeping me busy.  I've been helping my little guy a lot with school.  Apparently, 5th grade is tough and quite a transition.  My little guy who has never received a C or less on any of his report cards is struggling this year and I had to get down to the bottom of the problem before report cards came out.  Officer Friendly and I had to meet with little guys teacher to see what was going on and what we should do.  She mentioned that 5th grade is tough because students no longer get reminded and prodded of what they need to do and they forget to bring books home and turn their work in.  I've been working closely with little guy these lasts few weeks to get him on track and now I'm slowly backing away as he discovers his new learned independence.

I've started plenty of crafty projects!  I'm working on a light weight blanket for my bestie who is a truck driver and needs a twin size summer blanket for his bed in his truck.  I picked out these manly colors.


I'm not sure about throwing the chocolate square in. What do you think?

I'm still plugging away at the baby blanket for my moms co-workers daughter.  Thank goodness she hasn't had the baby yet because I've only put a small dent in it.  I remember thinking that I was hoping to finish it within a week, HA!  It's been like, three!



This week, I plan to whip up a few quick eternity scarves for myself in Tiffany blue and grey that look like this.  I found it on Pinterest.



Using a pattern from a video I found on YouTube here.  Hopefully, I can actually finish these this week (positive thinking here!).

Last, I've been reading, I've read "Best of Me" by Nicholas Sparks for my book club >.< ( I don't prefer reading chic-lit), "Tomorrow, When the War Began" by John Marsden which was a decent read and now I'm reading "Way of Shadows" by Brent Weeks which has received good ratings so hopefully it will be worth the 645 pages.  This book is more up my nerd ally with all the fantasy involved.



I'm glad to announce that I have FINALLY finished my rainbow blanket, yay!  It's been done for a while but I had to finish it with an edging.  After frogging that several times, I decided to go with a simple edge :)



The final measurements are 85 inches by 70 inches which fits fairly well on our queen size guest room bed (although, the plan for it will be for my personal use of snuggling on the couch with a book and tea!).

So, now that it's done, I've been working on the backing that I'm probably not going to finish until next Fall.  I purchased flannel and quartered it up into four panels.  I plan on embroidering each panel with a season (winter, spring, summer, fall) and stitch motifs that represent each season.  Here's a peek...





So that's why I've been MIA.  What have you been up to?


Have a blessed week ;)


4 comments:

  1. Hi Cat! Oh, you're a crocheter and love seeing your projects. I'm working on a crocheted afghan right now myself! Thanks for popping in tos ee me.
    be a sweetie,
    shelia :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that eternity scarf in the pinterest pic! What a gorgeous color. Thanks for the links you provided so that maybe I can make one too! Hope your little guy is getting turned around. Kudos to you for making him your top priority!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I actually finished the eternity scarf and need to create a post with the picture. It's super warm! My little guy is doing great and he made honor roll! We are so proud of him. I've been so busy with life that I've put this blog to the back burner but your comment reminded me that I've got to at least step in here once in a while and say hello! Thanks again!

      Delete
  3. Your granny blanket is really fantastic !!! Congratulations for your blog. This is mine if you would like to visit it
    http://tamknitting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete