Monday, October 1, 2012

Quick Spicy Crockpot Chili recipe

Monday Monday.  What a crazy day for us in this household!  Trying to get the boys back into the weekly routine is always tough and for some odd reason, I have a long list of chores to do.  I think I'll have to fine tune my chore list for the week because cleaning four bathrooms and changing four beds in addition to Monday being my most busiest day seeing clients, I'm running around like a chicken with my head cut off!  So to ease a bit of my stress, I like to prepare crockpot meals for Monday.  As hot as it is today in Central California (100 degrees), my boys have requested chili.  I know, I know.  They're silly boys. I did mention to them that we'd have a plethora of chili at the chili cook-off at church this weekend but they still wanted moms chili.  Be still my heart... So here goes!





SPICY CROCKPOT TURKEY CHILI for a family that eats a lot!

4lbs. ground turkey
1/2 bell pepper diced
2tbs. minced garlic
1/2 tps. season salt
1/2 tps. black pepper
1/2 tps. garlic powder
1/2 tbs. caldo de pollo
1 tbs. chili powder
1/2 tps. ground mustard
1/2 tps. cumin
1/4 tps. red pepper flakes
1 can dark red kidney beans 15.5oz.
2 cans chili beans 15oz.
2 cans diced tomatoes w/green chilies 14.5oz.
3 cups tomato sauce

Brown ground turkey in a skillet seasoned with season salt, black pepper and garlic powder with diced bell pepper and minced garlic until cooked then drain. 


Place in crockpot. Sprinkle caldo de pollo, chili powder, ground mustard, cumin and red pepper flakes on top.  Add chili beans, kidney beans, diced tomatoes and tomato sauce and stir thoroughly. 


Cook in crockpot on high 4-6 hours.  Top with sour cream and cheese if desired.

Now remember, I have 3 boys (two who are teenagers) Officer Friendly who takes leftovers for lunch the next day and myself.  This makes a huge batch of chili.  Honestly, for sharing purposes, I measured the ingredients.  Usually, I just throw, sprinkle, dash and dump things together.  I hardly ever use recipes so if this looks a little too spicy or salty for you, just adjust here and there.  

I am soooo hoping to end the night with a glass of Chardonnay and my crochet.  There's just something about yarn and a hook that calms me after a crazy day :)



No comments:

Post a Comment