Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Who did this?!!



Ugh!  Why are these chocolaty little treasures so delicious?  I DID THIS!  I ate five of these at once!  The way they melt in your mouth to reveal a crunchy almond center is beyond ecstasy!!  What am I going to do when the kids start bringing in all their Halloween candy?  I can't continue on.  The scale is creeping up and I'm pulling jeans from the big girl pile in my closet.  And, yes, I have a small, regular and big girl pile of jeans in my closet.  Don't you?  I also have and addiction to premium denim but I'll discuss that at a later time.  Right now, somebody, anybody has got to rescue me from this chocolate stash I've accumulated in my night stand drawer!  It's either that or I'll have to start doing the E word.  That is a very bad word to me.  Exercise.  I cringe as I type it.  I don't enjoy it but let's face it, it's a necessary part of life.  I hate gyms so I choose to walk or jog outdoors and do a few resistance exercises at home.  I'm completely opposite of Officer Friendly who is bordering on the brink of being a gym rat.  The boys are following in his footsteps.  Everyday they ask me "would you like to come to the gym with us?" and everyday I say with my face all crunched up like I ate a Vegemite cracker "ewww no thank you"!  but instead of it actually being a Vegemite cracker, it's chocolate or brownies or chocolate chip cookies.  I truly believe that one should enjoy the delicious treats of life but in moderation.  I've gone completely nuts lately and if I continue down this path I'll need big, big girl premium denim.  The problem is (this is where I blame shift) the weather.  It is stinking hot here.  99 degrees is on tap for the forecast today here.  I woke up at 7:30 to 68 degree weather.  By the time I drop the kids off at school, prepare the sun tea for the day, throw on a load of laundry and put my jogging clothes on, its way too hot to jog!  I am an esthetician and it would be sacrilege to run in the crispy sun for an hour no matter how much sunscreen I put on.  Why don't you run at night you might ask?  Well, because my police officer husband is over vigilant and says that's a crime waiting to happen no matter how nice of a neighborhood you live in.  Yes, it's officially fall but here in the middle of California, it's still summer.  As I visit many of my favorite blogs, I see that everyone else it decorating and making soup and settling into their lazy boys with cups of tea as yellow and orange leaves trickle off the trees in the background.  Fall has not tripped in to these parts yet so I'll continue to watch the boys file out of the house to the gym and stuff my face with Hershey's gold nuggets until the temperatures reach the low mid 70s. 

On another completely random note, I ran into Costco to get bread.  I didn't grab a cart on purpose because I knew if I grabbed a cart, I'd fill it with totaly random things that I don't really need.  Costco seems to have that effect on people. Bread and body wash.  That's easy.  I have a hand for each.  I can only buy two things...

I somehow managed to to grab


...really, Cat??  I have no self control lately.  I hope you're having a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment